On October 4th 2016 six Chinese legal researchers from the Institute of Law of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) – prof. Li Lin, prof. Lin Mingde, prof. Xu Hui, prof. Xie Zengyi, prof. Lu Chao and prof. Wu Jun – have participated in the Warsaw part of the 2nd Sino-Polish Seminar on Comparative Law, organized jointly by the CASS, the Faculty of Law Jagiellonian University in Cracow and the Polish Research Centre for Law and Economy of China at the Faculty of Law University of Warsaw.
Seminar chaired by prof. Jacek Wierciński, Director of PhD studies program at our Faculty has started with opening remarks delivered by prof. Li Lin, Director of the Law Institute of the CASS and our Dean prof. Tomasz Giaro.
Seminar was divided into three thematic panel sessions, as follows:
Intellectual Property panel:
- prof. Li Mingde, Innovation and Intellectual Property Protection.
- dr. Łukasz Żelechowski, Improving intellectual property protection with a view to promoting innovation – recent developments in Polish law and EU law.
Civil Procedure panel:
- prof. Xu Hui, The Developments and Expectation of Chinese Judicial System Reform.
- dr. Piotr Rylski, Alternative Dispute Resolution System in China and in the Western Countries: An example of Cross-Cultural Dialogue.
Labour Law panel:
- prof. Xie Zengyi, The recent development and debate on Chinese Labor Contract Law
- dr. Piotr Grzebyk, Who is an employee in Chinese Labour Law? Some reflections on ILO no 198 Recommendation
Presentations were commented by dr. Piotr Bogdanowicz, Executive Board Member of Polish Research Centre for Law and Economy of China, prof. Xie Zengyi, Director of Department of Research Administration and International Cooperation CASS Law Institute and prof. Konrad Osajda from Civil Law Department.
On behalf of the Polish Research Centre for Law and Economy of China, we would like to express our thanks to all participants, including representatives of the Warsaw-Beijing Forum and Students’ Organization for Law and Economy of China.
As for the Institute of Law of the CASS please visit website http://www.iolaw.org.cn/global/en/